How To Change Date Of Birth On Jamb CAPS: There is an error in my Jamb Date of Birth (DOB), is there any way I can make correction on this?, How can I Correct or Change Date of Birth on Jamb CAPS?.
In this article, I will guide you on how to make effective changes to the mistakes you made in your Jamb Caps profile, and other bio-data. Keep reading diligently for details…
Cost Of Correction Of Date Of Birth On JAMB
The cost for changing your JAMB date of birth is currently the sum of 3500 naira according to the jamb Admission and Matriculation Board. However, you should budget more if it’s not in a JAMB office you want to carry out the process. The price can be more than 3, 500 naira.
Can I Correct Wrong Date Of Birth Made In Jamb?
YES, you can correct the mistake you made on your Date of Birth (DOB) when you registered for Jamb.
But to be able to do this you will have to have access to your Jamb Profile account, Email address and Password. Details on how to do this will be discussed here.
How To Change Date Of Birth On JAMB
- First, Visit Jamb Student Portal Website @ https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/
- Next, You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details (correct email address and password. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar
- Once selected, the menu item “Date of Birth” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, your incorrect date of birth will now appear.
- Please provide the new information in the boxes provided.
- After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
- This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
- Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
- Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
If you found the above process a little fuzzy, then check out my step by step approach on how you can carry out the payment process yourself HERE…
Finally, do not just regard making changes to wrong details about you on the JAMB portal as important but as a compulsory thing to do to avoid future damage. Do not take it lightly. Make sure you cross-check every piece of information on your profile to be sure they correspond with the document you have at hand.