How To Do JAMB Correction Of Name, Deadline: I made a mistake in my name when I was registering for JAMB, is there a way I can correct it?, How to correct Mistake made in JAMB Name and other Bio-data?, when is the deadline to do JAMB correction of name and other data?.
Is JAMB Correction of Data On?
Yes, jamb correction of data is on at the time of this publication. The exam governing body has opened its portal for all registered utme students to correct any mistakes. You can correct your name, date of birth, gender, state, and local government area.
Though the portal is accessible to all, you can’t complete the process by yourself. You must give the indemnity form to your institution for approval before forwarding it to jamb office for the final step.
How Much Is JAMB Correction Of Data?
The JAMB executives and top-ranked officials declared ₦3500 as the cost of correcting any mistake on your jamb profile.
This means you need ₦3500 to correct your data on jamb profile and it will be deducted from your account during the payment stage.
How To Correct JAMB name via SMS
- Open your phone message app
- Type your Surname, middle name and last name in the following format: James, Italoye, Sunday.
- Send it to 55019 or 66019 to complete the process.
- JAMB will notify you of the latest change via email or text message.
How To Correct Name On JAMB Portal
Follow the steps we discussed on how to correct any mistakes above. However, select “Name” from the drop-down menu before proceeding with the remaining steps.
Step By Step Guide On How To Pay for JAMB Correction of Name
Here is a step by step approach on how to pay for JAMB correction of Name…
- Visit JAMB Student Portal @https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_
- You can click on the create an account button if you don’t already have a JAMB profile account, otherwise fill the box with your correct Email address and Password and click on the Login button
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services as shown below…
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page
- Select from the menu item Name.
- You will be taken to a page where you will be asked to fill in Your Exam year and JAMB registration number, fill in this information appropriately
- You will be taken to a “Payment Choice dashboard” where you will choose your preferred payment method (I would recommend you use remita)
- Select the “Pay with Remita” button
- Preview this information, and make sure it correspond with the intended change you wish to make.
- “Confirm this Information“, you will be taken to the pay now page which is shown below, click on the pay now button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following: Year of Exam and JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, your details will now appear.
- Please provide the new information in the boxes provided.
- After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
- This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
- Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office, and the rest is history
You can correct any data or mistakes on JAMB profile as long as the portal is still available. Kindly go through you JAMB profile and see if there is any error you would want to change before the Board start offering admission to candidates.